Its another glorious day in the NorthEast, as the weather has turned out to be much better than forecast (heh heh). If you live in the part of the world that isn’t 78 and sunny, well, here are my favorite long forms journalism from the week to feed your brain:
• An Open Letter To The Idiot Nation (StoneKettle)
• Are we having fun yet? On the banks’ barely believable behaviour (London Review of Books)
• Digital Health Records’ Risks Emerge as Deaths Blamed on Systems (Bloomberg)
• The Rock ’n’ Roll Casualty Who Became a War Hero (NYT)
• Gladwell: The Gift of Doubt (New Yorker)
• Why you’ll share this story: The new science of memes (Quartz)
• Cynics, Skeptics, Atomists and Relativists (Kenan Malik)
• A Test to Measure How Rational You Really Are (io9)
• The NCAA Has Truly Lost Its Mind (Slate)
• Lockdown: Why Google Killed RSS Reader (Marco)
Whats up for the rest of your weekend?
Heat Rises: Dow, S&P Up 1.5% on the Week
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.