My morning reading:
• Oil Surges on Syria Tension (WSJ)
• Betting on September’s terrible odds (MarketWatch) but see and then European stocks began to crush the S&P (The Reformed Broker)
• 46% of Americans have both a home broadband connection and a smartphone (Pew Internet)
• Gary Shilling gets all optimistic on us: Six Reasons the U.S. Will Dominate (Bloomberg)
• Facebook: Governments demanded data on 38K users (SFGate)
• Wherefore Bribery and Corruption: Another GSK Post (China Hearsay) see also Rule One For Doing Business In China. No Bribery. Rule Two, Make Sure Of It. (China Law Blog)
• Goddammit: Get Ready for Larry Summers as Next Fed Chair (Sense on Cents)
• Homeownership remains a goal that should be encouraged (Los Angeles Times) see also Mortgage Consultant Paid More Than $900 Million in Foreclosure Review (Moenybeat)
• Robert Crumb Illustrates Philip K. Dick’s Infamous, Hallucinatory Meeting with God (1974) (Open Culture)
• Time-shifting man predicts the future (ABC Science)
What are you reading?
U.S. Has Assets in Place for Military Strike
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.