My afternoon train reading:
• U.S. Bank Legal Bills Exceed $100 Billion (Bloomberg)
• The Financial Media is not a toy to be used and discarded (The Reformed Broker)
• Harry Dent and the chamber of poor returns (CBSNews)
• Regulators Back Away From Tougher Mortgage Rules (WSJ)
• No, the Justice Department didn’t cripple Microsoft — the internet took care of that (Gigaom) see also Microsoft: 11 Fix-It Strategies (WSJ)
• Popping the “Bubble” Bubble (Noahpinion)
• Organized Opposition To Larry Summers Forms, Ramping Up For Confirmation Battle (Huff Po)
• Regulatory uncertainty is bunk (Economic Policy Institute) see also Science Journalism and the Art of Expressing Uncertainty (Symposium Magazine)
• Oceans Storing Earth’s Excess Heat in Leaked UN Report (Bloomberg)
• How to read and understand a scientific paper: a guide for non-scientists (Violent Metaphors)
What are you reading?
Home price gains that each city has experienced off of its financial crisis lows
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.