My afternoon train reading:
• Recounting Ackman’s Other Investing Misses (DealBook)
• Europe Growing Again Means Boost for Global Economy (Bloomberg)
• Nocera: Don’t Kill Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac! (NYT) see also Affording a home harder for average buyer (CNNMoney)
• U.S. Population Distribution by Age, 1900 through 2060 (Calculated Risk)
• The U.S. Virgin Islands Are in a Catastrophic Recession (Slate)
• The war on drugs is breaking the Justice Department’s budget (Wonkblog)
• Are the Dems as corrupt as GOP? Lobbyist Secretly Wrote House Dems’ Letter Urging Weaker Investor Protections (Mother Jones) see also Privatizer in Chief Obama Blames Reckless Homeowners (Economic Populist)
• A Better Stronger Sunscreen–Powered By Ancient Underwater Bacteria (Fast Company)
• How the Internet Ecosystem Works (College Humor)
• The Writing on the Wall for the NCAA (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Smartphones Expose Camera Makers’ Shortcomings
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.