- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Here Come the Ferrari Hybrids
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On August 25, 2013 @ 6:00 am In Weekend | Comments Disabled
• Production of high-end hybrid cars may increase almost tenfold to 56,364 vehicles in 2016 from 5,938 last year
• “Hybrid technology could make a sports car even more dynamic as an electric powertrain improves the acceleration.”
• LaFerrari ($1.34 million) combines two electric motors with a 12-cylinder gasoline engine to produce more horsepower than any previous Ferrari model, while cutting fuel consumption by as much as 40%.
• Ferrari aims to build about 200 LaFerraris this year and complete deliveries in 2014.
• The 605-horsepower model, which the company called its most aerodynamically efficient production car ever, accelerates to 100 kph in as little as 3 seconds.
• Equipped with a V8 engine, the 458 Speciale will have a starting price of about 240,000 euros ($320k dollars).
Source: Bloomberg 
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/08/here-come-the-ferrari-hybrids/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ferrari3.jpg
 Image: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ferrari2.jpg
 Image: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ferrari.jpg
 Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-20/ferrari-plans-hybrids-to-follow-1-34-million-laferrari.html
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.