My morning reading:
• Doug Kass:”the Market Has Peaked for 2013″ (The Street.com)
• SPACS SUCK, FILM AT 11: Thriving Financial Product, Despite a Record of Failure (Dealbook)
• BlackBerry – and Nokia’s – Fundamental Failing (stratēchery ) see also HOW BLACKBERRY FELL (Elements)
• Next Fed Head Should Meet the Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren Standard (The Nation)
• Felix: “Summers has demonstrated essentially zero crisis-prevention skills” Obama’s dangerously heroic view of the Fed (Reuters) see also Senate Pressure on Fed Pick Irks White House (WSJ)
• The problem with algorithms: magnifying misbehaviour (theguardian)
• Journalism Has Entered A Golden Age (Business Insider)
• Social Security is a model, not a failure, for Washington budgetmaking (Christian Science Monitor)
• Defending iOS with cheap iPhones (Benedict Evans) see also The Case for a New Lower-Cost iPhone (Daring Fireball)
• 40 maps that explain the world (World Views)
What are your reading?
After Losing Season, Records May Be Safe
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.