My longer form, weekend reading:
• Chasing Coincidences: Why it’s hard to recognize the statistically unlikely. (nautilus)
• A new approach to deposit insurance (Coppola Comment)
• How to Convince Investors: An essays on fundraising (Paul Graham)
• Goodbye, Miami: S. Florida will soon be under water (Rolling Stone)
• How America’s ‘Culture of Hustling’ Is Dark and Empty (Atlantic)
• Merchants of Meth: How Big Pharma Keeps the Cooks in Business (MoJo)
• The death of theory? (Noahpinion)
• World’s Most Influential Thinkers Revealed (Technology Review) see also Coolhunting for the World’s Thought Leaders (arXiv.org)
• The Art of the Phony: Forgery & Modern Art (New York Review of Books)
• How Athletes Get Great (Outside) see also What happens when four guys try to cross the Atlantic…in a rowboat (SportsNet)
Whats up for the weekend?
S&P 500 Back Down to Its 50-DMA
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.