My morning reading:
• Triskaidekaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th) and the stock market. (Brain M. Lucey) see also This market keeps defying the bears (msn money)
• Foreclosure crisis is drawing to a close (CNNMoney)
• Hedge Funds Are Among the Winners of the Lehman Spoils (WSJ) see also We’ve let a good financial crisis go to waste since Lehman Brothers collapsed (Telegraph)
• How We Learned Not to Guzzle (NYT)
• Larry Summers’ Citigroup Problem (MoJo) see also Secret Campaign for Chairman of the Federal Reserve (Daily Beast)
• Today’s WTF?? headline: Hank Paulson, hero? (Reuters)
• No, Economics Is Good for Lots of Things (Noahpinion) see also The No Mo or Mighty Mo Forecast and Harry Truman’s Quest for a One-Armed Economist (Spellman Report)
• Just How Long Can People Live? (Slate)
• Why the iPhone’s fingerprint sensor is better than the ones on older laptops (Cite World) see also Machines Made to Know You, by Touch, Voice, Even by Heart (Bits)
• The Many Mysteries of Air Travel (Pogue’s Posts)
What are you reading?
Dow vs. S&P 500
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.