My morning reading:
• All the Reasons Why JP Morgan May Be Facing the Biggest Bank Fine Ever (The Atlantic) see also J.P. Morgan Is Discussing $11 Billion Settlement (WSJ)
• Economist Wins Genius Grant For Proving That Most Traders Are Idiots (Business Insider)
• The great temptation of the great rotation (Vanguard Blog for Adivors) see also ETF Assets Up $224 Billion this Year (ETF Trends)
• How I learned to stop worrying and love the bubble (FT Alphaville)
• The Fed’s Confusing Search for Clarity (Economix) see also For a Yellen Fed, Smooth Transition Will Be Tall Order (WSJ)
• Have Americans Forgotten How To Grow? No, Innovation Is In Our DNA (Forbes)
• Showdown over a Shutdown: The GDP Effects of a (Brief) Federal Government Shutdown (Macroeconomic Advisors) see also The GOP’s debt limit strategy is insane. People should say so. (The Plum Line)
• Time to tame the NSA behemoth trampling our rights (The Guardian)
• A Move Is Afoot to Keep Climate Science Out of Classrooms (Scientific American) see also The science of global warming has changed a lot in 25 years. The basic conclusions haven’t. (Wonkblog)
What are you reading?
Is Home Building Ready to rebound ?
Source: Washington Post
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.