My morning reads:
• Federal Reserve’s Janet Yellen: Fearless and candid (Gannett) see also Summers the Shiftless (Krugman)
• What Is a Hedge Fund, Anyway? (WSJ)
• Buying a burning platform (Reuters) see also Google-Motorola Deal Foreshadows Challenge Awaiting Microsoft (Bloomberg)
• Forward Guidance – Who Are You Going to Believe, the Fed or Your Lying Eyes? (The Econtrarian)
• HILARIOUS: S&P Accuses U.S. of Suing to Avenge Ratings Drop (WSJ)
• Why Do Economists Blog (Econbrowser)
• The Myth of Part-Time America: A scare story (The Atlantic) see also Wealth, Not Robots, Makes Us Lazy (Overcoming Bias)
• Across U.S., bridges crumble as repair funds fall short (LA Times)
• How to make your own slow jams (Kottke) see also Saving Classical Music: An App for That? (WSJ)
• The Lichen Loophole (Now I Know)
What are you reading?
Major Asset Classes | August 2013 | Performance Review
Source: Capital Spectator
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.