My morning reading:
• Hollywood’s Tanking Blockbuster Business Model (NYT Magazine)
• Here’s what Larry Summers would do at the Fed (Wonkblog) see also In Fed Succession, Obama’s Favorite Faces Opposition (NYT)
• U.S. Can Catch Emerging Nations’ Malaise (WSJ)
• Fracking Boom Seen Raising Household Incomes by $1,200 (Bloomberg)
• 401(k) Plans Add More Personalized Advice (WSJ) but see 401(k)s are replacing pensions. That’s making inequality worse. (Wonkblog)
• Schwab Case Casts Spotlight on Securities Arbitration and Its Flaws (DealBook)
• Science Confirms: Politics Wrecks Your Ability to Do Math (MoJo)
• Samsung’s Galaxy Gear is a smartwatch like no other (Verge) but see Samsung Has Hobbled Its Smart Watch Before It Even Launches (Business Insider)
• Google’s 15th birthday: 15 things you didn’t know (The Guardian)
• The Greek Yogurt Culture War (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Sell Rosh Hashanah, Buy Yom Kippur
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.