My morning reading:
• The Deal That Makes No Sense (stratēchery) see also Microsoft to acquire Nokia’s devices & services business, license Nokia’s patents and mapping services (Microsoft)
• Buybacks to Dividends at Risk With Record-Low U.S. Yields Ending (Bloomberg)
• Déjà vu: emerging markets and 1997 (FT.com) see also Are Emerging Markets Submerging? (Project Syndicate)
• Misconceptions About Fed’s Bond Buying (Bloomberg)
• The Hidden Risk in Gold (Advisor Perspectives) but see Chinese Data Underpins Gold, Oil (WSJ)
• Larry Summers nomination = slower economic growth (NYT)
• 20 Insights from Peter Lynch (Stock Twits 50)
• The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking (Seeking Wisdom)
• Fall TV Preview: 18 Shows to Check Out (Atlantic)
• The 20 big questions in science (theguardian)
What are you reading?
Chinese Data Underpins Gold, Oil
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.