My morning reading:
• Billions of dollars wasted on investment advice (FT.com) see also ‘Fee-Only’ Financial Advisers Who Don’t Charge Fees Alone (Moneybeat)
• Shutdown? What Shutdown? It’s Time to Buy U.S. Government Bonds! (Daniel Gross)
• Hedge funds and private equity are thriving … thanks to pension funds (The Guardian) see also Risk-Free Returns for Everybody! (Institutional Investor)
• Bermuda’s Search for New Wealth (WSJ)
• It’s the Austerity, Stupid: How We Were Sold an Economy-Killing Lie (MoJo)
• Why the commercial real estate crash never came (Fortune) see also Why Wall Street Loves Houses Again (Atlantic)
• Open-Government Laws Fuel Hedge-Fund Profits (WSJ)
• MIT’s Williams Decodes Economics of Gene Sequencing (Bloomberg)
• What Apple won’t tell you: The iPhone 5s is outselling the 5c nearly four-to-one (Quartz) see also 5s (Dustin Curtis)
• Mo Town: Mariano Rivera’s last home game (The New Yorker)
What are you reading?
Taper Delay Stimulates Debt
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.