My afternoon train reading:
• The Dow Through the Years (Moneybeat)
• ‘Money For Nothing’: The New Fed Documentary Is Absolutely Fascinating (Business Insider)
• Financial Secrets Revealed! (Just Don’t Ask Where They Came From) (Medium)
• Richard Posner Explains SEC Refusal to Act in Lehman Brothers Case (Firedoglake)
• Government banks $15 billion on Citigroup bailout (Fortune) but see Banks Seen at Risk Five Years After Lehman Collapse (Bloomberg)
• The biggest unanswered question about retiring in America (Reuters)
• Trying to Outguess the Unpredictable (NYT)
• British austerity was even worse than you thought (Wonkblog)
• The Science of Snobbery (Priceonomics)
• What Is Flat Design? (Gizmodo) see also Apple Unveils New iPhones at Cheaper Price (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
30-yr Treasury Yield & the DJIA
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.