My afternoon train reading:
• Shutdown vs. Default: The Relative Impact (Economix) see also 3 things bigger than the taper on Wall Street (MarketWatch)
• This is what counts as restraint in executive pay: bonuses that quadruple your salary (Quartz)
• Notes from the Bloomberg Markets 50 Summit (TRB)
• Banks find appalling new way to cheat homeowners (Salon)
• One Big Trader Lost Millions Betting on Romney, Study Finds (Washington Wire)
• WSJ buries the lead deep on AIG’s CEO (CJR)
• For serial-number hunters, $100 isn’t just $100 (Boston Globe)
• Gawker founder Nick Denton is still trying to reinvent reader comments — and it’s working (Gigaom) see also The third industrial revolution (Economist)
• Keith Jarrett: Embellishment Not Required (WSJ)
• Did Climate Change Worsen the Colorado Floods? (MoJo)
What are you reading?
Temperature chart for the last 11,000 years
Source: Real Climate
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.