My afternoon train reading:
• Is It Sell Rosh, Buy Yom? Or Vice Versa? (Total Return) see also Who Cares About Syria? The Fed Is Buying Fewer Bonds! (Moneybeat)
• The Limits of Fundamental Analysis (Crossing Wall Street)
• Bank Leverage Is the Defining Debate of Our Time (Bloomberg) see also The Failure of Free-Market Finance (Project Syndicate)
• U.S. Importing Much Less Oil, but Still Spending a Lot on It (Real Time Economics)
• No Bounce for Europe in Rebound by Germany (NYT)
• Pimco sitcom: dreamer Gross vs. worrywart El-Erian (MarketWatch) see also Gross, Gundlach Hit by Outflows in August Amid Jitters Over Fed (Moneybeat)
• Business Losing Clout in a G.O.P. Moving Right (NYT)
• Thorny Side Effects in Silicon Valley Tactic to Keep Control (DealBook)
• Local shops fear Amazon’s expansion (CNNMoney) see also Introducing the All-New Kindle Paperwhite—The 6th Generation of Kindle (Amazon)
• What we don’t know about the $1.2 trillion student loan problem (Reuters)
What are you reading?
What Is a Hedge Fund, Anyway?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.