My longer form weekend reads:
• How the Bank Lobby Loosened U.S. Reins on Derivatives (Bloomberg) Enormous article that explains how the banks helped to bring about a period of reckless, radical deregulation, then blew themselves up.
• This Man Moved to a Desert Island to Disappear. Here’s What Happened. A strange and fascinating tale (New Republic)
• The Geeks on the Front Lines (Rolling Stone) see also The Tech Intellectuals (Democracy)
• A Hundred Bucks Says You Won’t Read This Story: new hundred-dollar bill coming this fall (Esquire)
• In Which I Interview an HFT and Ask Him Some Tough Questions (Cognitive Concord)
• Stop pretending we aren’t living in the Space Age (io9)
• Why ‘Drink More Water’? massive pro-water-drinking program launches today, making dubious claims (Atlantic)
• Hi, It’s Your Doctor: The return of the housecall (Opinionator)
• Have Sports Teams Brought Down America’s Schools? (New Yorker)
• T. Rex Might be the Thing with Feathers: Behind every famous dinosaur are unsung heroes. (Nautilus)
Whats up for the weekend?
The Fall and Rise of One Subprime Mortgage Bond
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.