My morning reading:
• In Latest IPOs, Profits Aren’t the Point (WSJ)
• Living in a low return world (Abnormal Returns)
•Today’s wacky Bloomberg Headlines:
…..-China Export Gains Understated on Fake-Data Distortions (Bloomberg)
…..-JPMorgan Clients Roll Bonds as Schwab Options Hedge Default (Bloomberg)
• Nate Silver: The Six Big Takeaways From the Government Shutdown (Grantland)
• Squandering America’s Debt Advantage (WSJ) see also Why the level of government debt may not matter (FT Alphaville)
• The Anti-Yellen Campaigning Has Begun (Slate)
• Buried in Fine Print: $57B of FHA Loans Big Banks May Have to Eat (American Banker) see also Too Big to Fail banks still extend, pretend (Columbia Journalism Review)
• PolitiFact to launch PunditFact, checking pundits and media figures (Politifact)
• Why Republicans are losing the shutdown blame game (The Fix) see also GOP plummets, Obamacare soars in shutdown standoff (msnbc)
• Oceans of Life photography competition 2013 – in pictures (The Guardian)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.