My start your week off right reading materials:
• The Houdini Market: Since 09 lows, stocks have shaken off flash crash, EU debt crisis, US government shutdown, and a potential default on its debt (Barron’s) see also Fiscal Crisis Leaves Stocks in a Sweet Spot (WSJ)
• About time: Wealth Fund Cautions Against Costs Exacted by High-Speed Trading (NYT)
• JPMorgan is close to a record $13 billion settlement. Is it too big to manage? (Washington Post) see also Who Really Wins if JPMorgan Pays $13 Billion? (Bloomberg)
• How to Find Stocks With Hidden Yields (Barron’s)
• How much did the shutdown cost the economy? (Washington Post)
• China Inc. Battles Big Oil for Century’s Biggest Find (Bloomberg) see also Asia Enjoys Stronger Global Demand (WSJ)
• Does Satan worship lower a Las Vegas mansion’s value? (Los Angeles Times)
• It’s time we stopped drinking the thinktank kool-aid (The Guardian)
• So the 5S is (allegedly) killing the 5C. Why is this bad news? (Stratechery)
• How to Be an Educated Consumer of Infographics: David Byrne on the Art-Science of Visual Storytelling (Brain Pickings)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
8 Responses to “10 Monday AM Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.