My afternoon train reading:
• Bear Hunting (FT Alphaville) see also Where are the global growth optimists? (FT Alphaville)
• Stock Tribes (Reformed Broker)
• Funds of hedge funds recast dismal model (FT) see also Being Wrong Works at Scale…Hedge Funds and Bank of America (Howard Lindzon)
• Which CEO Will Be Next to Talk Down His Own Stock? (Yahoo)
• Fed Balance Sheet Not Seen Returning to Normal Until at Least 2019 (WSJ) but see Hilsenrath: December Taper Not Off the Table (WSJ)
• The App Store Era’s Biggest Winners And Losers (Splat F)
• How You Subsidize the Minimum Wage (Motley Fool)
• A New View of the Corporate Income Tax (Economix)
• Out of this world: Britain’s ‘top scientist’ Martin Rees says our brains may not yet have evolved sufficiently to unlock the secrets of the cosmos (FT)
• Orson Welles’ War of the Worlds Did Not Touch Off a Nationwide Hysteria. Few Americans Listened. Even Fewer Panicked. (Slate)
Whats up with that?
Why Are Taxpayers Subsidizing Wealthy Companies?
Source: Motley Fool
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.