My afternoon train reading:
• The best damned trade, long-short in all of 2013 was long the stock market, short gold. (Forbes)
• Buffett’s favorite market tool is flashing red (MSN)
• Fed Anxiety Rises as QE Increases Risk of Loss With Costs (Bloomberg) but see Lesson: Don’t Fight the Global Fed (Reformed Broker)
• Assets of the Ayatollah (Reuters)
• Greenspan’s dilemma revived (FT Alphaville)
• In Spain, Foreclosed Property Prices Down 70 Percent (World Property Channel) see also New China Cities: Shoddy Homes, Broken Hope (NY Times)
• What I saw at the doomsday prepper convention (Fortune Tech)
• Chris Christie goes small (Washington Post)
• Science and Its Skeptics (New Yorker) see also Is It Too Late to Prepare for Climate Change? (New Yorker)
• The best smartphone apps for making you feel like you’re getting things done (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Worry Over Inequality Occupies Wall St: Gulf Between Haves + Have-Nots May Hurt Economy
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.