My afternoon train reading:
• Don’t Blame the Robots: Assessing the Job Polarization Explanation of Growing Wage Inequality (EPI) see also Ashton Kutcher vs. Wal-Mart: Epic Twitter clash rages over poverty wages (Salon)
• This is why you shouldn’t pay attention to consumer confidence indicators (Washington Post)
• Trading Probes Have a Long Way to Go (WSJ)
• Cost Aside, JPMorgan May Have a Good Deal (DealBook) see also JPMorgan’s bait-and-switch: The ballyhooed settlement is just a scam! (Salon)
• The annual press flubbing of Thanksgiving dinner (CJR’s The Audit)
• Desperate to Taper (Tim Duy’s Fed Watch) see also Fed Casts About for ZIRP Endgame (WSJ)
• Why Do We Care About Malcolm Gladwell’s Media Diet? (New Republic)
• The Social/Communication Map (stratēchery)
• The News Provider of the Future (Priceonomics)
• Super cool: Bob Dylan’s Official Interactive Video for “Like A Rolling Stone” (Bob Dylan)
What are you reading?
Inflation adjusted Dow trading 0.2% off 1999 peak
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.