Before you get too involved in whatever, some morning reads:
• Speed Traders Meet Nightmare on Elm Street With Nanex (Bloomberg) see e.g. Shredding Virtu’s Response with Science (Nanex)
• Connecting the Academic and Policy Worlds: Interview with James Bullard (MacroMania)
• Artificial discounts abound, Black Friday and every day (WSJ) see also Black Friday Blues (Bloomberg)
• Effective Corporate Tax Rates (Economix)
• Another Bear, Tom McClellan Falls by the Wayside (Moneybeat) see also Hugh Hendry Throws in the Bearish Towel (Reformed Broker)
• Pope Francis Calls Unfettered Capitalism ‘A New Tyranny’ (Business Insider)
• Microsoft might be beating Google at retail. No, really. (Washington Post)
• The US has 43 nuclear power plants’ worth of solar energy in the pipeline (Quartz)
• Do You Love Malcolm Gladwell? You’re Reading Fairy Tales (New Republic)
• Top 10 Beach Towns In Winter (World Property Channel)
What are you reading?
Why is France better than Germany, Spain, and Italy? More young people.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.