Before you get too involved in whatever, some morning reads:
• Speed Traders Meet Nightmare on Elm Street With Nanex (Bloomberg) see e.g. Shredding Virtu’s Response with Science (Nanex)
• Connecting the Academic and Policy Worlds: Interview with James Bullard (MacroMania)
• Artificial discounts abound, Black Friday and every day (WSJ) see also Black Friday Blues (Bloomberg)
• Effective Corporate Tax Rates (Economix)
• Another Bear, Tom McClellan Falls by the Wayside (Moneybeat) see also Hugh Hendry Throws in the Bearish Towel (Reformed Broker)
• Pope Francis Calls Unfettered Capitalism ‘A New Tyranny’ (Business Insider)
• Microsoft might be beating Google at retail. No, really. (Washington Post)
• The US has 43 nuclear power plants’ worth of solar energy in the pipeline (Quartz)
• Do You Love Malcolm Gladwell? You’re Reading Fairy Tales (New Republic)
• Top 10 Beach Towns In Winter (World Property Channel)
What are you reading?
Why is France better than Germany, Spain, and Italy? More young people.
Category: Financial Press