George Carlin: All My Stuff (2007)

512wjM0xfVL._SX300_

Normally $189.98, now on sale for $115

This 14-disc career retrospective set includes all twelve of George Carlin s HBO concert specials, spanning nearly thirty years. One of the greatest comedians of all time, Carlin performs his most memorable routines (Baseball and Football, A Place for My Stuff, Losing Things, Al Sleet the Hippie-Dippie Weather Man, Hitler, We Like War, It s Not A Sport, Why We Don’t Need Ten Commandments and Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television).

Two bonus discs round out the collection including interviews — Carlin fans will adore this set.

Previously:

George Carlin (1937 – 2008)

More Shopmas Gift Ideas!

Category: Friday Night Jazz, Humor, Weekend

12 Responses to “George Carlin: All My Stuff $115”

1. Bill in SF says:

Great Stuff, because “All My Stuff” is a metaphor for the American Dream. However, Fox News seems to think that having a TV, air conditioning, and a cell phone is the “Ugly Side of Entitlements”.

John Stossel’s qualifier that he now gets free stuff in the form of Medicare {“but you earned it”) is priceless.

2. AndrewShaw says:

All racquet games are just derivatives of ping pong. “..Even volleyball is racquetless team ping-pong, played with an inflated ball, and a raised net while standing on the table.”

He was the best.

3. CapitalistCanuck says:

Hey Barry, just for a moment can you stop selling? Do you really need the commish from Amazon?

• Its been on my shopping list for a while, and I just got an update from Amazon of the price drop — I ordered the Box Set as a gift for a friend, then decided to get one for myself.

The tracking data through Amazon is much more valuable to me than whatever pennies it throws off (tho its quite a few $1000 in December). If you have been a reader around these parts for a while, you would know that I do this regularly. I’ve already gotten several requests for this year’s ShopMas lists.

So, no, I am not selling, I am sharing my tastes and shopping experiences; and b) while I appreciate whatever dollars it throws off, I doubt it will remotely dent my substantial contribution to Amazon’s top line revenue.

4. wally says:

He got so dark at the end… is it because he changed or because our country changed?

• I thought he was always pretty dark . . .

• bear_in_mind says:

In one sense, he was dark and ascerbic, but he used rapier wit and intelligence to reveal how vested interests (i.e. the wealthy and powerful) were well-served in perpetuating the status quo. He wove the Emperor’s New Clothes and torched false idols (i.e. priests and politicians), mythologies about “good” corporations, and numerous forms of patriarchy that served to keep working class Americans in passive compliance with The Rules. He was brilliant, fearless and underappreciated.

5. Tim says:

You can watch most if it for free on YouTube….

6. dcramer says:

I learned a lot about the world listening to my parents’ Carlin albums as a teenager.

• dcramer says:

…just realized I should get this box set and leave it around for my kids to stumble on when they’re the right age…

7. bear_in_mind says:

One last thought on Carlin: he challenged you to think outside-the-box. I don’t think he cared if people disagreed with his thoughts, but he literally shredded complacency and not knowing WHY you believed in what you believed in. An enlightenment humanist of the highest order.

8. bear_in_mind says:

Off-topic, but sorta on-topic: David Simon (of Treme, The Wire, The Corner) blogs on important social and political topics at his own joint: http://davidsimon.com/.

His intellectual rigor reminds me a lot of Carlin sans the deft one-liners. Time permitting, I think you and other TBP readers would enjoy his ongoing work.