It is missing the Nakamichi Dragon and the Bang & Olufson BEO1500, but other than that . . .

click for ginormous graphic
P-Audio__500x669_A_1024x1024
via Pop Chart Lab

Category: Music, Technology, Weekend

7 Responses to “History of Audio Apparati”

1. Internet Tourettes says:

Also FWIW, missing Nakamichi System One (all 600 series components in a free standing rack) and a Sony D-555…..

2. doug says:

I guess I need a bigger monitor to see details. But, I hope Dynaco tube amp is on there. Cool poster. I know someone getting one for the holidays. Thanks.

3. beltdrive says:

There are some good ones on here for sure. Sony Tr-55, Rca new orthophonic 45.

But why all three version of the technics sl1200 and the sp10, and all the junky blasters and mid level cassettes??

Anyway, Missing Mcintosh, Original Marantz, Columbia Model 101 (first U.S. 33Lp player). Sony cdp-101 first cd player.

Missing Radford, quad, pye, Leak, Kef, Tannoy, Celestion, Jordan, Linn, any number of UK firms. We could go on and on…

They did include Garrard, Braun and Naim.

mgmt.

Beltdrive.wordpress.com

4. gloppie says:

The 60′-70′s miss Lenco, Acoustical Manufacturing (aka QUAD), and Mc Intosh, quite surprisingly.
    You can’t list them all for sure.

5. Captain Ned says:

NAD 3020, Quad ESL.

6. Joe says:

No Mark Levinson 23? Dahlquist DQ 10? Martin Logan Monolith? Audio Research SP-11? Koetsu Onyx?
    SME IV ? And above all, Linn Sondek LP12?

7. gregheist says:

Yeah, passing over B&O is a big miss…and I’m amazed at how many of these devices I’ve owned. Creative Nomad Jukebox FTW!! ;-)