Good Saturday morning. I’ve saved up my favorite longer form reads, expertly curated for your weekend reading pleasure:
• Lowenstein: They Hate the Fed (NYR Books) (Film Review)
• Anyone can learn to be a polymath (Aeon)
• The President Wants You to Get Rich on Obamacare (NY Times)
• How the “Navy SEALs” of trading are taking on Wall Street’s predatory robots (Quartz)
• The Story Behind Why AOL CEO Tim Armstrong Fired An Employee In Front Of 1,000 Coworkers (Business Insider)
• 101 Objects that Made America (Smithsonian Magazine)
• Out of the picture: why the world’s best photo startup is going out of business (Verge)
• Ender’s Game is a great book written by an odd author: Stranger in a Strange Land (Grantland)
• How the Owners of All 30 NBA Teams Made Their Money (Mental Floss)
• With their single ‘Get Lucky,’ Daft Punkgave 2013 its summer anthem (WSJ)
Whats up for the weekend?
Which Industry is Backing Your State Election
Source: Mother Jones
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.