My longer form, weekend reading
• The Wolf of Wall Street Can’t Sleep (New York Magazine)
• The 40-Year Slump (American Prospect) see also Secular Stagnation and Post-Scarcity (Pieria)
• The Black Swan (Seeking Wisdom)
• Why Are So Many People Paying So Much for Art? (New Yorker)
• Animals Were Harmed: Hollywood’s Nightmare of Death, Injury, and Secrecy Exposed (Hollywood Reporter)
• Inside the Company That Bungled Obamacare (Newsweek) see also Mark McClellan ran Medicare Part D. Here’s his advice for the Obama administration. (WaPo)
• This entire country is about to be wiped out by climate change: Drowning Kiribati (Businessweek)
• How Our Soldiers Come Home From the Wars: Broken (Mother Jones)
• Retail Therapy: Inside the Apple Store: It’s a Trap! (McSweeney’s) see also The Birth of the iPhone (Medium)
• Platinum Underdog: Why Taylor Swift Is the Biggest Pop Star in the World (Vulture)
And I suppose you are going to be shopping all weekend?
All Major Market Rallies of the Last 113 Years
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.