Happy holidays! Here are some things to read while the kiddies unwrap their loot:
• On Wall Street things rarely turn out quite the way you expect, and 2013 was no exception. (WSJ)
• Gold’s Real Problem: Deflation (Barron’s) see also Hedge Funds Cut Gold Bull Bets Amid Record Outflows (Bloomberg)
• How Real Income Stacks Up Around the World (MoneyBeat)
• Fixing the Shiller CAPE: Accounting, Dividends, and the Permanently High Plateau (Philosophical Economics)
• Is the ‘Permanent Portfolio’ Permanently Broken? (The Street)
• Foreclosures Drop to Eight-Year Low as Crisis Wanes (Bloomberg)
• Robots and Economic Luddites: They Aren’t Taking Our Jobs Quickly Enough (Beat the Press)
• The Budget Deficit as Seen From 2009 (Economix)
• Pethokoukis’ Christmas Wish: A Less Debt-Obsessed GOP (National Review)
• 55 Brilliant Louis C.K. Quotes That Will Make You Laugh And Think (Thought Catalog)
What are you reading?
I hate charts like this: DJIA Priced in Gold
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.