My afternoon train reading:
• Bull Market Shows No Sign of Death With Yellen Support (Bloomberg) but see The Stock Market Is At An All-Time High — Here’s Why So Many Americans Don’t Care (Business Insider)
• Companies Boost U.S. Payrolls by Most in a Year (Bloomberg)
• Rogoff: What’s the Problem With Advanced Economies? (Project Syndicate) but see An astonishing, but very British, recovery (FT)
• US will end ‘too big to fail’, says Jack Lew (FT)
• When teaching econ, start with the parts that work (Not Quite Noahpinion) see also Colleges are teaching economics backwards (WaPo)
• Why wirehouse advisers should become an RIA (Investment News)
• Why the stupid think they’re smart (Mind Hacks) see also Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists (New Yorker)
• Dilbert creator Scott Adams: Simplifiers and Optimizers (BoingBoing)
• Why We Fail (Farnam Street)
• More signed up for Obamacare in first two days of December than in all of October (Washington Post) see also The Obamacare counterattack begins (Wonkbook)
What are you reading?
Funds of Hedge Funds Come With Heaps of Fees
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.