Here’s my train-reading this evening:
• How strong is gold’s “Wall of Worry?” (MarketWatch) see also Gold slides to the lowest price in three years, falling 3.4%. (WSJ)
• How Secret Currency Traders’ Club Devised Biggest Market’s Rates (Bloomberg)
• 5 reasons stocks didn’t suffer a ‘taper tantrum’ (USA Today) see also A Professional Preps for the End of QE (Forbes)
• 8½ Things That Went Right in 2013 (Businessweek)
• Tee hee Take $1,000, Trade Once a Day, Make $264 Billion—You Could Have Done It in 2013 (The Atlantic)
• It’s official—higher pay attracts better workers (Quartz) see also Supersize My Wage (NY Times) see also Walmart and Target: A tale of two discount chains (CBS)
• What the big money is betting on in 2014 (MarketWatch)
• Fed tapering and emerging markets (Vox) see also After the Taper, Outlook Is Clear for Stocks, Investors Say (WSJ)
• Plasma flows 15 times diameter of Earth have spotted on sun’s surface (Daily Mail)
• Your boss wants to be Nate Silver (Salon)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.