My longer form, weekend reading material to kick off your vacations:
• The Rhyme of History: Lessons of the Great War (Brookings Essay)
• The Day Google Had to ‘Start Over’ on Android (The Atlantic)
• One Country Saved Its Jews. Were They Just Better People? (New Republic)
• Drugs Will Kill Your Friends (The Atlantic) see also Heroin, LLC (Chicago Reader)
• Placebo-philes (Anxious Machine)
• What Anesthesia Can Teach Us About Consciousness (NY Times)
• Paul Goldberger on Starchitect-Designed Company Headquarters in Silicon Valley (Vanity Fair)
• When Lenders Sue, Quick Cash Can Turn Into a Lifetime of Debt (ProPublica)
• Glitch in the Afterlife (BoingBoing)
• Did Hipster Tech Really Save the Obama Campaign? (Wired)
What’s up for the holidays?
Gold was the worst trade of 2013
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
6 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.