Here are my longer form weekend readings:
• The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry: An Oral History (Businessweek)
• The Man Who Would Teach Machines to Think (Atlantic)
• The Search for a Blockbuster Insomnia Drug (New Yorker)
• The Economics of Infomercials (Priceonomics)
• Netflix Has a Plan to Rewire our Entire Culture (New Republic)
• Rumsfeld’s War and Its Consequences Now(New York Review of Books) see also Pentagon’s bosses thwart accurate audit of DOD’s main accounting office (McClatchy)
• The Anti-Reactionary FAQ (Slate Star Codex)
• Forging an Art Market in China (NY Times)
• Statistically, Who’s the Greatest Person in History? (New Republic)
• How To Waste Time Properly (Nautilus) speaking of which: The 80 Most Powerful Photos of 2013 (The Roosevelts)
What are you up to this weekend?
Central Banks Warn of Bitcoin Risks
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.