Happy New Year. Here’s what I’m reading to start 2014:
• In 2013 I Learned That… (Reformed Broker)
• The Single Greatest Predictor of Future Stock Market Returns (Philosophical Economics)
• Here it is: the worst investment of 2013 (Quartz)
• Statistics Done Wrong (Alex Reinhart)
• The Economy’s Secret Success in 2013 (Daily Beast)
• Interest rates on mortgages for pricey homes have dropped below those on smaller mortgages (WSJ) see also Jumbo mortgages now carry cheaper rates than traditional loans (CNN)
• Inside TAO: Documents Reveal Top NSA Hacking Unit (Spiegel)
• Car companies are picking sides between Apple and Google (Washington Post)
• A Stream of Music, Not Revenue (NY Times)
• The new era of the New York skyscraper (Felix Salmon)
What’s up for the New Year?
Winners of 2013: Boring Investors
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.