Good morning. Here is what caught my eye this Sunday reading:
• Lowenstein: Are you mad about how everyone’s mean to big banks? Read this book. (New Republic)
• How Germany Reconquered Europe (Harper’s)
• China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data (Bloomberg) see also What possessed a prestigious journal to name China’s the central bank of the year? (Quartz)
• Fifty Years of Smoking in Two Charts (Businessweek)
• Consistently Wrong: Bear market or bull, analysts give bad advice (Economist)
• How Isaac Newton went flat broke chasing a stock bubble (Sovereign Man)
• Extreme Weather Wreaking Havoc on Food as Farmers Suffer (Bloomberg)
• Bridge-gate Looks Almost Good Next to New Jersey’s Other Embarrassments (Daily Beast)
• VC Watch: Open Letter to 60 Minutes and CBS (Khosla Ventures)
• Nation Recalls Simpler Time When Health Care System Was Broken Beyond Repair (The Onion)
What’s for brunch?
Growth Is New Mantra for Investors
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.