My afternoon train reading:
• Is This Bull Cyclical or Secular? (WSJ)
• Security Check Firm Said to Have Defrauded U.S. (NY Times) too bad they didnt see A Wonderfully Simple Heuristic to Recognize Charlatans (Farnam Street)
• Active is the New Passive (Reformed Broker)
• Russian hackers’ hands in cyber espionage against Western energy interests (Washington Post) see also Clean Tech Is Not Dead—In Fact, It’s Booming Like Never Before (Slate)
• Why Bitcoin Matters (DealBook)
• Ezra Klein and the early-mover disadvantage (Columbia Journalism Review) see also The Six Things That Make Stories Go Viral Will Amaze, and Maybe Infuriate, You (New Yorker)
• 5 critical retirement investing mistakes to avoid (MarketWatch)
• Obama Recovery Fails to Resonate as Americans Left Behind (Bloomberg) see also Pining for LBJ, We Got Christie (Bloomberg)
• Independent board says NSA phone program should end (Washington Post) see also Watchdog Report Says N.S.A. Program Is Illegal and Should End (NY Times)
• In U.S., 67% Dissatisfied With Income, Wealth Distribution (Gallup) see also Economic mobility hasn’t changed in a half-century in America, economists declare (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Nest Becomes Google’s Latest Billion Dollar Acquisition
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.