My afternoon train reading:
• Why the leaders of the two largest developed economies are begging companies to raise pay (Quartz) but see Will robots steal our jobs? The humble loom suggests not. (The Switch)
• Indexing: The long-term view on investing (Vanguard)
• Wall Street Attracts Chop Shops 20 Years After ‘Wolf’ (Bloomberg)
• Obama Orders Creation of ‘MyRA’ Savings Accounts (NY Times)
• Emerging markets fight the Fed (WSJ) see also Investors from Illinois to Istanbul are finding the tide going out fast for stocks and other riskier investments. (WSJ)
• Bartlett: Presidential Power, Bipartisan Hypocrisy (Fiscal Times)
• The 1920s Guide To NYC Tourist Etiquette (Gothamist)
• Yes, the right is behind on campaign tech. But it’s seizing the mantle on tech policy. (The Switch)
• The Older Mind May Just Be a Fuller Mind (New Old Age)
• That seems awfully pricey! BMW Offers $458,000 M6 Luxury Sedan in China (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Fewer Immigrants Came to U.S. Last Year
Source: Real Time Economics
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.