Good morning, here are the longer form weekend reading materials I have accumulated over the week.
• How Netflix Reverse Engineered Hollywood (The Atlantic)
• Americans Love Affair with Cars is Over (Columbia Journalism Review)
• Academic / Media Smackdown:
…..-Academics Who Defend Wall St. Reap Reward (NY Times)
…..-I Have Not Yet Begun to Write: Responding to the New York Times’ Farrago of Dishonesty, Insinuations, and Ad Hominem (Streetwise Professor)
• A Jobs Agenda for the Right (National Affairs)
• A Speck in the Sea (NY Times)
• Why the Passenger Pigeon Became Extinct (New Yorker)
• NSA seeks quantum computer that could crack most codes (Washington Post)
• What should you do if someone puts a gun to your head? (Quora)
• Isaac Asimov Predicts in 1964 What the World Will Look Like Today — in 2014 (Open Culture) see also Visit to the World’s Fair of 2014 (NY Times)
• Outside the Lines: Michael Jordan Has Not Left The Building (ESPN)
Whats for brunch?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
25 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.