Good Tuesday morning — Here is what I am skimming on Fhloston Paradise:
• Contrarian Corner: Harry Dent’s Big Buy Signal (Above the Market)
• Putting Your 401(k) on Autopilot (WSJ) see also 401k balances rise with record gains on Wall Street (WaPo)
• Why You Are Spending More and Enjoying It Less (WSJ)
• China Overtakes India as Top Gold Consumer (WSJ) see also Hedge Funds Raise Gold Bull Bets as Paulson Holds (Bloomberg)
• Streetwise Professor: The Rent Seeker, Posing as Visionary (Streetwise Professor)
• Apple passing Microsoft in OS Sales (Ben Evans) see also After 15 months, Windows 8 has sold 100 million fewer copies than Windows 7 did (The Next Web)
• The True Cost of Extreme Weather…Or is it Climate Change? (Daily Beast)
• The Biggest Bullshit Job Titles in Tech (ValleyWag)
• Remakes Keep Flopping, But Here Are 4 Reasons Why Hollywood Still Makes Them (Vulture)
• Why the economy isn’t doomed (Washington Post) see also Crossing Borders and Changing Lives, Lured by Higher State Minimum Wages (NY Times)
What’s up for this holiday shortened week?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.