Pour yourself a cup of Joe, and settle in for some of our longer form weekend reading:
• Michael Steinhardt, Wall Street’s Greatest Trader, Is Back — And He’s Reinventing Investing Again (Forbes)
• Peyton Manning Gets Better With Age (Grantland)
• The Day We Lost Atlanta (Politico)
• How the NSA Almost Killed the Internet (Wired)
• History of American Bandstand (Salient)
• This Is Danny Pearl’s Final Story (Washingtonian)
• Dogs Are Not People (Boston Review)
• Rough Patch for Uber Service’s Challenge to Taxis (NY Times)
• The Long Con: Mail-order conservatism (The Baffler)
• How I Lost My $50,000 Twitter Username (Medium)
What’s up for the weekend?
US Economy Shows Signs of Gearing Up
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.