Source: FastCo

Category: Food and Drink, Science

14 Responses to “Why You Shouldn’t Drink Coffee in the Morning”

1. VennData says:

Once again, the Far, Far Left of the GOP telling YOU what to do with their “Science.”

This is Obama’s culture, where liberals are telling to stop drinking coffee!

It’s time to leave the GOP and join the Tea Party! We’re not ready for a woman President. It’s time to take back the country, and return to our roots! Stop Listening to “science” and start believing!

P.S. Oh and as an aside, do not forget how important deep, permanent tax cuts are for the rich. Thanks.

• NYCChris says:

Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer.

Norman Mailer

• Derektheunder says:

It’s beyond me why BR allows you to litter his board with your incessant political hackery. I realize that in this particular case it’s a poor attempt at humor, but your politicizing of every single issue got old a long time ago.

• SumDumGuy says:

Well, I, for one, was amused by your comment.

(And isn’t there a counter-Tea Party group called the Coffee Party, too?)

2. constantnormal says:

… the thought of highways packed with near-comatose coffee-less drivers around 0700 is scary … the human body is not well adapted to life in the contemporary working world.

3. wally says:

The fundamental premise of this article is that you want to maintain an even level of alertness through the day. But what if I want a big high in the morning and a downhill slide from there?

4. modi says:

I wish I could get up at 8am! Us schmucks who get up at 6am (or earlier) to make breakfast and get the kids ready, and get them to school by 8am, we need that 6am coffee. After 8am, its just work, etc, so the rest of the day is pretty easy…

5. Livermore Shimervore says:

I have family in the coffee business. I have never consumed this stimulant in the morning. On rare occasion after a big meal I will have a shot of espresso to ward off food coma. Drinking coffee in the morning simply keeps from reaching deep sleep later that night. Drinking Dunkin’ Donuts coffee keeps you from sleeping any day that week.

6. Longball111 says:

One of the best things about your blog is the doses of variety you throw in – this post for example. If it was only finance I wouldn’t be so drawn to visit every day. Nice work. I enjoy it,