Grab a cup of coffee and start your Sunday right with these reads:
• Turkey bans Twitter — and Twitter explodes (Washington Post) see also The Day the Turkish Government Banned Itself From Twitter (Medium)
• Can the Bloomberg Terminal be “Toppled”? (Matt Turck)
• The Intelligent Investor: Will Stock Buybacks Bite Back? (WSJ)
• So You Want to Compete Against Amazon? (Jeff Jordan)
• Apple After Jobs: Pretty Much the Same as Ever (Bits)
• Why the Dollar Endures (NYT)
• US fishermen throw back 20% of their catch—often after the fish are already injured or dead (Quartz) see also Key climate-change measurement imperiled (USA Today)
• Why San Francisco Is Not New York (Bits)
• How Obama Crippled a Russian Bank with a Stroke of a Pen (Fiscal Times)
• Eau de Condo: Developers are using custom scents to get buyers to warm to a home (WSJ)
What’s for brunch?
Roll Over Beethoven
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.