Afternoon train reading:
• Swedroe: Don’t be a member of the hedge fund club (CBS)
• Active vs. Passive: Try harder or do something easier? (Abnormal Returns) see also Stories Triumph Statistics (Seeking Wisdom)
• Beware Of The Walking Dead In Your Portfolio (Forbes)
• China in gold collateral financing shock (FT Alphaville)
• Intentions On Housing (Alhambra Partners)
• Elizabeth Warren book ‘A Fighting Chance’ recounts her Washington battles over financial regulation (Boston Globe) see also ‘Maker-taker’ may soon be a goner. (WSJ)
• Our health spending problem is all about prices (Vox)
• 7 Facts About Our Broken Tax System (The Nation)
• Verizon led massive astroturf campaign to end NJ broadband obligation (Ars Technica)
• Rush Limbaugh is Correct. Stephen Colbert is a Liberal, While Jon Stewart Is Just a Progressive Era Reformer (Mischiefs of Faction)
Three day weekend!
Retail Sales Surge as Consumers Rev Up Growth
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.