Happy Tuesday morning! Here are some reads to start you off:
• The decline and fall of trading as a money maker for giant banks (Quartz)
• RIP Record Profit Margins (Reformed Broker) see also Help Wanted Signs Are Popping Up in U.S. Cities (Businessweek)
• The Problem with Payments (stratechery)
• On the intriguing drop in commodity correlation (FT Alphaville)
• Bank of America’s Bad Accounting (DealBook) see also Bank of America Lost $2.7 Billion in a Maze of Accounting (Bloomberg View)
• Average U.S. Retirement Age Rises to 62 (Gallup)
• One in ten U.S. bridges in urgent need of repair (Reuters)
• Meet the Secret Fed Cybersecurity Unit Keeping Trillions of Dollars Safe From Hackers (Foreign Policy)
• To Find a Career Like Tim Duncan’s, We Have to Go Back to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (FiveThirtyEight) see also Shaq’s Still Scoring in Retirement (Businessweek)
• Sunken Gold Untouched for 157 Years Off U.S. Lures Hunter (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
GDP by Industry
Source: Real Time Economics
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.