A bit of afternoon train reading:
• Herbalife Sure Is Buying a Lot of Stock (Bloomberg View)
• Studying the Rich (Boston Review) see also Debate Club: For and against Piketty’s ‘Capital’ (MarketWatch)
• How Alibaba’s IPO Is Even Helping Its Rivals (Businessweek)
• Pfizer needs more than muscle for Astra (WSJ) see also The Megadeal Makes a Comeback (WSJ)
• Japan’s Tepid Victory Over Deflation (Real Time Economics)
• The Man Pushing CEO Pay to the Stratosphere (Fiscal Times)
• Business Insider Just Moved To An Awesome New Office — Come On In And Meet The Team! (Business Insider) see also Vox is publishing some of its stories and the interviews behind them in parallel (Nieman Journalism Lab)
• Who’s Your Daddy? How to Make It in America (Motley Fool)
• Why teens are rebelling against Facebook (MarketWatch) see also To learn why Facebook’s stock is falling, look at sales (MarketWatch)
• RIAA Claims That It Is ‘Standing Up For’ Older Musicians That It Actually Left To Rot (Techdirt)
What are you reading?
S&P 500 Sector Weightings
Source: Bespoke Investment Group
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.