Stephen Colbert to be next host of "The Late Show"…press release coming
— CBS Tweet (@CBSTweet) April 10, 2014
Latest media on the subject:
• CBS ANNOUNCES STEPHEN COLBERT AS THE NEXT HOST OF “THE LATE SHOW” (CBS Press Release)
• Colbert to Succeed Letterman on ‘Late Show’ (NYT)
• Jon Stewart: Stephen Colbert ‘would be remarkable’ for David Letterman’s ‘Late Show’ replacement (Daily News)
• Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on “Late Show” (CBS)
• Stephen Colbert to Replace David Letterman (Variety)
• Why Is Bill O’Reilly Trying to Get Stephen Colbert David Letterman’s Job? (Time)
• Could Stephen Colbert ‘break character’ to host CBS’s ‘Late Show?’ (Newsday)
A little history for you young’uns:
In one of the ballsiest comic stunts ever pulled in Washington, comedian Stephen Colbert delivered a blistering “tribute” to President Bush at the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner. It was so edgy and uncomfortable that it was almost too hard to watch, as a cold-faced and stunned Bush sat just a few feet away with the look of someone who had just been ambushed.
Acting the part of the faux conservative talk show host that he plays on Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, Colbert spoke truthiness to power as he leveled an all-out assault on Bush under the guise of mock praise. He lampooned Bush over everything from his low approval ratings to his handling of Iraq to his vaunted stubbornness — and got in a few shots at the Washington press corps as well.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.