Pour a cup of java, and settle in for my longer form weekend reading.
• Excerpt: ‘Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt,’ by Michael Lewis (NY Times)
• On Kahneman (Edge) see also Why Those Guys Won the Economics Nobels (Harvard Business Review)
• No, America is not broke (The Great Debate)
• The Woman Behind Apple’s First Icons (Priceonomics)
• Driven: How Zipcar’s founders built and lost a car-sharing empire (The Verge)
• So You Think You’re Smarter Than A CIA Agent (NPR) see also US secretly created ‘Cuban Twitter’ to stir unrest (Big Story)
• Raiderette sues team for fair pay (ESPN)
• Facing Rising Seas, Bangladesh Confronts the Consequences of Climate Change (NY Times) see also Famine and Water Riots Are Coming, Warns New Intergovernmental Report (io9)
• Millennials and Sex: A New Take on Dating, Marriage and Monogamy (Rolling Stone)
• How HBO’s new comedy ‘Silicon Valley’ presents a new geek archetype (WSJ)
Whats up for the weekend?
The market suddenly hates tech stocks and no one knows why
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.