Some reads to finish out the day:
• Investors get bearish, suggesting stocks will rise (MarketWatch)
• Early Tap of 401(k) Replaces Homes as American Piggy Bank (Bloomberg) see also Americans Raid 401(k)s, Replacing Home Equity Withdrawals as Way to Make Ends Meet (Naked Capitalism)
• Financial firms say fiduciary rules for brokers will hurt investors. This expert is skeptical. (MarketWatch)
• Maybe we’re not headed for demographic armageddon after all (WonkBlog)
• Why homes are hitting bubble-era prices without bubble-era headaches (WonkBlog) see also Is owning a house part of the ‘American Dream’? Depends on where you live. (WonkBlog)
• All You Need to Know About Fed Policy in Three Questions (Real Time Economics)
• The radically sensible idea that’s lowering America’s massive monthly student debt payments (Quartz)
• Climate change is harming U.S. economy, report says. (WSJ) see also U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds, Citing Heat and Floods (NY Times)
• Woman With Printer Shows the Digital Ease of Bogus Cash (Bloomberg)
• The World’s Biggest Car Collector Is A Dick And Jay Leno Hates Him (Jalopnik) see also The Sultan Of Brunei’s Rotting Supercar Collection (Gizmodo)
What are you reading?
On Climate, Republicans and Democrats Are From Different Continents
Source: The Upshot
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.