Its the weekend, and you now what means: Our longer form, extended play versions of your favorite hits! Settle in for the best curated reads of the week:
• Meet the Banking Caucus, Wall Street’s secret weapon in Washington (Public Integrity)
• How Movies Forge Great Art, Legally (Vanity Fair)
• White-Collar World: What the office has done to American life (Chronicle of Higher Education)
• The Rise of Corporate Impunity (ProPublica)
• Serious Newspaper Journalism Is Not Over (Vanity Fair) but see Rumor, Gossip, Nonsense: How the news became a nightmare (Salon)
• The Invention of the Chilean Sea Bass (Priceonomics)
• Should a Chimp Be Able to Sue Its Owner? (NY Times)
• Five Stunning Facts About America’s Prison System You Haven’t Heard (Sean Kerrigan)
• The First Look at How Google’s Self-Driving Car Handles City Streets (The Atlantic Cities) see also How America’s Leading Science Fiction Authors Are Shaping Your Future (Smithsonian Magazine)
• The Inventor of Everything: fascinating look at a weird scammer (The Verge)
Whats up for the weekend?
Austerity’s Legacy: GDP Is Far Below Potential
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.