Good Saturday morn. Pour yourself a strong cup of Joe, settle into your favorite chair, and enjoy our long-form weekend reads:
• Everything Is Broken: Don’t be fooled — your tech barely functions (Medium)
• How Gamblers Get Hot (New Yorker)
• Fascinating story about relationships: I went undercover on Ashley Madison to find out why women cheat (DailyDot)
• Beauty ≠ truth: Scientists prize elegant theories, but a taste for simplicity is a treacherous guide. (Aeon)
• Saving the Net from the surveillance state: Glenn Greenwald speaks up (C/Net)
•No Time: How did we get so busy? (New Yorker)
• The Great Smartphone War: Apple vs. Samsung (Vanity Fair)
• The Man Who Made Libertarians Wrong about the Constitution (New Republic) see also Mouthbreathing Machiavellis Dream of a Silicon Reich (The Baffler)
• The Case of the Vanishing Honey Bee: Pesticides and the Perfect Crime (Earthjustice)
• How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star (LA Weekly)
Whats up for the long weekend?
Stock Market Rallies (Dow Since 1900)
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
14 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.