My afternoon train reading:
• Record-high stocks: How worried should investors be? Here’s how worried. (WSJ) see also Tranquil markets are enjoying too much of a good thing (FT)
• The 35 economics charts from May you really should see. (Quartz)
• The real reason hedge funds have been underperforming (Term Sheet) see also Ziff shuts down hedge fund, shift way wealth is managed (WSJ)
• Rules of the Fund Road: Watch the Fees, and Don’t Look Back (NY Times)
• Adam Smith vs. Keynes and Minsky (Bloomberg View)
• How robots are getting smarter, from navigating on their own to learning by doing (WSJ)
• Is Silicon Valley the Future of Finance? (NY Mag)
• Why the Republican Party Attracts Provocateurs, Faux Martyrs, and Grifters (Slate) see also The Vacant Soul Of John McCain (Esquire)
• Is Global Warming Real? Most Americans Say Yes (NY Times)
• The Skills of Leonardo Da Vinci (Farnam Street)
What are you reading?
Measles Cases in the US are at a 20-Year High. Thanks Anti-Vaxxers.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.